BF2000 Flame Retardant Silicone Sponge Sheet
BF2000 ultra-soft flame retardant silicone foam. The softness of this sponge allows less force to be used to seal enclosures while still providing protection. This is an ideal choice for sealing outdoor enclosures, protecting electronics from shock and heat and for vibration-isolation as well as cushioning applications.
High compressibility allows the sponge to conform to awkward shapes and variable width gaps. Excellent memory and low stress relaxation as well as resistance to UV, ozone and extreme temperatures allows superior performance in all environments.
Possible applications include, but are not limited to vibration-isolation in electronic components and transportation vehicles, low-closure force gaskets within electronics such as laptops and LCD screens in aircraft and rail interiors, as well as HVAC systems in the aerospace industry.
In the automotive industry, this material is used for door seals, HVAC systems, lighting housing gaskets, gap fillers, and electrical display gaskets in the rail industry, gaskets, anti-vibration/cushioning, HVAC systems and anti-fogging seals.
From: £143.18 Inc. VAT £119.32 Ex. VAT
Details & Specs
BISCO BF-2000 Ultra Soft is a highly compressible silicone foam with the right combination of low weight and softness. It is ideal for applications requiring low-closure force and dust sealing. BF-2000 silicone’s ultra-low softness allows designers to use less force to seal enclosures while still protecting devices from the environment. This material is perfect for vibration-isolation in electronic components and transportation vehicles. BF-2000 foam is also ideal for low-closure force gaskets within portable electronics such as laptops and LCD screens within aircraft and rail interiors.
- Available in thicknesses from 0.125 to 0.500 in.
- Typical density of 10 PCF
- CFD range of 2.5 PSI max
- Excellent memory and low stress relaxation
- Resistant to UV, ozone, extreme temperatures and flame
- Available with pressure-sensitive adhesive on one or two sides, allowing easy surface application
- Ultra-low softness allows protective seals that use less force
- High compressibility enables material to conform to variable width gaps, allowing greater design flexibility
- Reduces maintenance costs associated with gasket failures due to compression set and softening
Availability and Fabrication Possibility
- Can be water-jet cut or punched into gaskets
- UL94V0 Compliant for usage where flame retardancy is necessary
- Certified for use in railway or aerospace applications
- PSA options available
- Can meet IP Class certifications
- Automotive, HVAC, LCD and LED Display applications