A very popular product, we hold a range of both solid and sponge silicone cords in stock and can produce cords in almost any material grade, colour and size, including special material grades such as high temperature and metal detectable.
Solid cords are compliant to FDA 177.2600, BfR, WRAS, KTW and EC 1935/2004 and can be purchased in a range of colours, sizes and hardnesses from stock or produced to order.
Sponge cord can be supplied in general purpose grades in a variety of sizes and densities. FDA grades are also available on request.
Silicone cords are often supplied cut and joined into O-rings used for sealing applications due to their excellent environmental stability and resistance to temperature changes.
Enquire Now Shop Products
Silex holds the following cord in stock, which are typically supplied in 25m coils and can be shipped within a few days from order, smaller quantities for testing or retail use are available on our online shop.
- 40 Shore Solid Cord – produced in translucent as standard and stocked in diameters from 3mm to 12mm.
- 60 Shore Solid Cord – produced in translucent, white, blue and red oxide as standard and stocked in diameters from 1mm to 30mm.
- 70 Shore Solid Cord – produced in red oxide as standard and stocked in diameters from 3mm to 10mm.
- Metal Detectable Solid Cord – popular in food processing and stocked in blue. Diameters from 1mm to 12mm held in stock.
- Fluorosilicone Solid Cord – noted for its resistance to harsh organic solvents and petroleum based fluids. Available in 40-70 Shore A hardness in any standard colour (6-8 week lead time).
- FDA Sponge Cord – stocked in white in diameters from 1mm to 8mm.
- SIL 16 Sponge Cord – stocked in white or black in from 1.5mm to 30mm diameters.
Additional dimensions, colours, and special material grades are available and can be manufactured with MOQs from 25m in as little as 6 weeks.
- Tolerates temperatures up to 200°C (up to 300°C on Special Grades)
- Resistant to ozone, oxidation, ultraviolet light, corona discharge, cosmic radiation, ionising radiation and weathering in general
- Bfr Compliant
- WRAS Compliant grades available
- FDA 177.2600 Compliant
- EC 1935/2004 Compliant
- Available in a range of colours, hardnesses, sizes and material grades
- Can protect from Dust and Water ingress (up to IP Class 65)
Application and Use
- Electrical enclosure seals
- Lighting gaskets
- Door seals & enclosures
- HVAC seals
- Joined Rings/O-Rings
- Joined Frames (90° angles)
- Cut lengths available on request