In addition to our range of tubing, Silex stocks a selection of silicone rubber hoses suitable for a huge range of applications, including reinforced hoses suitable for vacuum or pressure applications and fluorosilicone lined hoses suitable for use with volatile fuels.
Mandrel built hoses generally take over from the braided format where the size range goes beyond the limitations of extruded products and when the incorporation of wire is required for vacuum applications.
Hoses of various diameters can be made. Our range of mandrel built hoses include Platinum cured for pharmaceutical applications, Peroxide cured coloured hoses for coolant and various flame retardant and industrial grades for technical applications.
A range of elbows and straight connectors are also available.
Enquire Now Shop Products
- Can be reinforced with a range of fibres, yarns and wires.
- Perform at high and low temperatures.
- Resistant to Ozone, UV light and weathering in general.
- Wide range of bore sizes available.
- Can meet FDA, BFR, EN1935/2004 and even USP Class VI
Application and Use
Silex silicone hoses are particularly popular in automotive and industrial applications. Applications include:
- Dialysis machines
- Coolant pipes
- Suction and filling hoses
- Hot water and steam cooking hoses
- Food and beverage transport
- Permeable fermentation pipes
- Compressed air pipes