Our Silex silicone sponge cord is produced in Silex SIL16 as standard, but available in a variety of densities including SIL10, SIL16, SIL24, SIL33 and our new FDA approved SIL15 grade. Silex sponge cords are commonly used for sealing electrical enclosures, exterior light fittings and hand held instruments, protecting them from moisture and dust ingress.
When an FDA grade sponge is required, we can offer our SIL15 FDA grade sponge. This platinum cured material conforms to FDA 177.2600 and EC 1935/2004 standards.
We generally stock in white and black but other colours and densities are easily and quickly produced. All of our sponge cords can be delivered in coils, cut lengths or cut and joined to form O Rings if required. Please see the table below, illustrating our stock items. Other options and sizes are available on request, as well as high temperature and metal detectable grades.
Enquire Now Shop Products
- Excellent resistance to weathering, Ozone, UV light
- Closed cell (IP Class 65 can be achieved)
- Performs at temperatures from -40????C to +200????C as standard, with high and low temperature grades available.
- High quality product
- Wide range of densities and grades available, including FDA approved.
Application and Use
- Electrical enclosure seals
- Lighting gaskets
- Door seals & enclosures
- HVAC seals
- Joined Rings/O-Rings
- Joined Frames (90° angles)
- Cut lengths available on request